I’m sure I’ll have that particular title on a number of these entries. I’m fallible, probably more than most people.
I discovered my mistake(s). First, my Z88DK directory is named incorrectly. I had updated my version of Z88DK and being careful at the time when I did it, I named the new directory of Z88DK as Z88DK_NEW. I eventually phased out the old install, but I left the name the same. A quick directory name change will take care of that. Embarrassing.
Next, I noticed my Anti-Virus was performing some background work, looking at the log files, it had been sandboxing the files in the FASE directory. Apparently, the files are rare, that triggers a sandbox! Well, that’s interesting to know, the Anti-Virus said that the files are being sent to the LAB for analysis and will get back to me in 90 minutes. I don’t have 90 minutes to wait. Life is too short. I trust the files, Anti-Virus OFF!
Now a warning to everyone, you know that you should just turn your Anti-Virus off like me, however, I trust Antonio’s work and I make sure that it’s the only thing running on my PC. I ran the program to see if that was the problem and then turned my Anti-Virus back on and then in the software made an exception.
Nonetheless, that resolved the problem, a directory name change and exceptions in the Anti-Virus along with finding z88dkdenv.bat, modifying it for the correct directories and running FASE GFX.
Finally, the game compiled and I now have a working example and a development environment setup.